Collaboration and Community in Japanese Cinema During the Pandemic
Watch the archived panel video here: youtu.be/E6EHolBsi6o
Four film professionals discuss the current situation of the Japanese film industry and various initiatives launched in response to the difficulties faced during the novel coronavirus pandemic.
- Ryusuke Hamaguchi is a film director and member of Mini-Theater AID Fund Management Office.
- Yuko Iwasaki is Managing Director of Japan Community Cinema Center and member of Petitioners of #SaveTheCinema Project.
- Yuichi Watanabe is a staff member at film distributor TOFOO and Project Manager of the “Temporary Cinema.”
- Noriko Yamasaki is Manager of Osaka Cine Nouveau and member of the SaveOurLocalCinemas Committee.
- Organizer/Moderator: Aiko Masubuchi is an independent film programmer and translator.
in Japanese with English subtitles